Patrick Bet-David wants all the young soon to be entrepreneurs graduating high school to listen up. If you want to drive that Lambo, Rolls Royce, or Ferrari one day there are 6 things you have to take your time with in order to achieve a high level of success.
6 Things You Have to Take Your Time With
- You’re still learning what the word love is, who to date, who not to date, and most importantly what you want for yourself. You may have a boyfriend or girlfriend right now who you love, but you should still take your time and make sure the person you marry has all the qualities you like.
- Children are the biggest commitment you can make in your life. You will love them and worry about them for the rest of your life. Don’t rush into starting a family if you are not ready for that level of commitment financially and emotionally.
Buying a House
- When you are young, you have more flexibility to position yourself where you want to be long-term. You don’t need to buy a house where you live right now because a few months or years down the line, that opportunity to pivot and reposition may come up and you got to be ready.
Choosing Your Inner Circle
- Many of your current friends will not be your friends five, ten years from now. Take the time now to surround yourself with people who support you and leave behind those that don’t. Because if you are not too careful, many will hold you back.
- Take the time to understand the political climate in your country. As you gain wealth, understand how your gains and taxes affect the community around you and your bottom line.
Your Long-Term Life Purpose
- The world right now is all about instant gratification, but those that are truly successful and reach that top one percent take the time to find their long-term life purpose. It may not come to you for a few years and it may take several years after that to achieve it. Be patient and aware of your opportunities.
Those are the things you should take your time with but there are some things you urgently need to consider right now at this point in your life.
Urgent Things to do Right Now
Be Urgent About Learning About Hard Work
- Learn what it is to work 80 hours a week and what it means to hustle. They don’t teach you that in school so now is the perfect time to learn first hand what that looks like.
Be Urgent About Studying People
- Study everyone from your parents, to your boss, to other top performers at work. Ask questions and listen to their answers. Watch how people handle meetings, challenges, personnel, communications, etc. Study yourself as well so you know what your strengths are and where you see your path going. Find someone you want to model. It is going to help you grow faster if you can study and apply what you learned.
Be Urgent About Building Strong Associations
- Take those people you want to model yourself after, and surround yourself with people like that. Seek out and find individuals that you can study and grow from. Build that social equity around you now.
Stay Away From Drugs and Alcohol
- Addiction will take hold of your life and distract you from your dreams. Worst of all addiction can kill you. If you want to achieve your dreams, drugs and alcohol have no place in your journey.
When people ask Patrick how he has achieved all his wealth and success he tells them, “I’ve made a lot of bad decisions, but I was lucky enough to take my time in marriage, kids, my purpose, buying a house, my circle, my political beliefs because I was in learning mode. I didn’t have too big of an ego to say, ‘I know everything.’ I was in learning mode. I was able to get exactly what I wanted in my life because I took my time with these six things and I was very urgent with the other ones, that helped me get to where I’m at today.”
Next Steps: If you are about to graduate high school, watch The One Page Business Plan. Then tweet @patrickbetdavid.
Subscribe to Valuetainment
Visit the official Valuetainment Store for gear
Founded in 2012 by Patrick Bet-David, our goal is to impact entrepreneurs around the world through value and entertainment. We are the #1 channel for entrepreneurs because of the best interviews, best how to videos, best case studies and because we defend capitalism and educate entrepreneurs.
To reach the Valuetainment team you can email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Patrick on social media: