Your Next 5 Moves as a parent. Patrick Bet-David talks about what you should be analyzing and considering when you are raising kids. Pre-Order Now https://amzn.to/2Ai4eyM.
Pre-order 3 copies, send proof and get access to a free chapter in advance. Send proof or purchase to firstname.lastname@example.org
Text Next Move to 310.340.1132 for a link for more on the book.
In this video Patrick Bet-David breaks down 15 different types of parents, some questions to ask yourself, what you are born with and what is taught and finally he gives you your next five moves.
15 types of parents
- Helicopter parents: Overprotective
- Bulldozer parents: Taking all the problems away from you
- Dictator: My way or the highway
- You’re perfect: My baby can’t do anything wrong
- Passive: they tried to discipline you, but you ran all over them
- Military: High expectation
- Negative: Highly critical
- Imposer: Imposing their dreams on you
- One parent household: Had to play the role of Mom and Dad
- Uninvolved: Didn’t care what you did
- Absent: Just wasn’t there
- Abusive parent: alcohol, physical, drugs, sexually, words
- Victim mentality parent: They constantly blamed everyone for everything
- Structured and encouraged independent thinking
- Everyone has to pull their weight
Questions to ask yourself:
- What did you love about the way your parents parented you?
- What did you hate about the way your parents parented you?
- What did you love that ended up being bad for you? And what did you hate that ended up being good for you?
Your Next Five Moves:
- Identify your style of parenting
- Decide what values and principles do you want to pass down to your kids
- Decide on what kind of routine, structure, creativity and fun can you create at different stages for your kids
- Decide the currency in your house for them to get what they want
- Figure out who and how can you leverage to help with the development process of your kids
Share your thoughts with Patrick Bet-David on Twitter https://www.twitter.com/patrickbetdavid
To reach the Valuetainment team you can email: email@example.com
Follow Patrick on social media:
Subscribe for Weekly episodes on Valuetainment.