In no specific order, Patrick Bet-David shares 10 of the toughest things you do in life because it’s important to anticipate what’s on the road ahead. And for those of you that have been through some or all of these 10 things, know that you are not alone.
10 Toughest Things to Do in Life
- How many times have you been mad at yourself or gotten into an argument with yourself over so many different reasons? Now add on top of that another person and their own issues. Then together, the two of you deal with even more issues like financial issues and family issues. After all that you are then expected to go run your business? It can be a lot to handle, but you can handle it. Marriage is not easy, but Patrick did a video on this subject called How to Marry and Who to Marry that he recommends for all the single people out there.
- You can quit a job, break up with your partner or spouse, but your children are your responsibility for life. If you have kids, a part of your heart is always with them. They will weigh on your mind no matter how old they get because you love them. The worst part is, there isn’t a parenting manual because raising a child comes with a lot of surprises that makes it one of the toughest things in life.
Becoming an Entrepreneur
- You can read all the books you want, but until you start running a business you have no idea what it takes. Being an entrepreneur is like having a second family where your business is your baby. Half the time you have no clue what the right decision is.
- Health is one of those things we don’t think about until something bad happens. Keeping your health is the most important thing you can do in terms of providing for yourself, your family, and your business. Take steps now when you are young so you don’t have to deal with it when you are in your seventies.
- Some people are addicted to TV, video games, porn, sex, business, making money, whatever it is; everyone is addicted to something. But they aren’t going to hurt you as bad as drugs or alcohol. Getting addicted to drugs and alcohol can destroy your life. The good news is an addiction is gradual, and you can come back and get clean. It is going to be hard, but you can overcome addiction with help and support. And if you haven’t touched the stuff, don’t ever start.
The Loss of a Loved One
- Emotionally it is one of the toughest things to get over the loss of a loved one. But it is going to happen to everyone, so it is better to anticipate the possibility both financially and emotionally. It can come without any warning, but that does not mean you can’t be strong and ready to overcome it.
Leaving People Behind
- You must leave your comfort zone in order to achieve your dreams and goals. That will require you to leave people in your life behind because they don’t support you. It might hurt at first but if those people don’t support you now, they don’t deserve to be around when you are successful.
- The moment you start having success, all eyes will be on you. It’s a lot of pressure and there will be a lot of people vying for your attention and wealth. You need to take your new success in stride and make sure you stay focused on your long-term goals. Anticipate people looking for your financial help and learn to say no. Become a master as saying, “Let me think about it,” when people ask for money.
- It’s very easy to trust people when you are young before you suffer your first heartbreak. After that, you don’t trust anybody, and this applies to both your personal life and your business life. The sooner you lose trust in someone the sooner you will know the signs of an untrustworthy person. You can then use those signs to guard yourself for next time. Losing trust in people is going to happen, but if you anticipate it and protect yourself, you are good to go.
- Massive failures can be devastating to your emotional health as well as your business. The important thing to remember is you can come back from anything. If you are going through a massive failure right now, go watch the video: How to Make a Comeback as an Entrepreneur. Patrick breaks down how to build back up from a massive failure.
Next Steps: The key is to anticipate that some of these things will happen. If you anticipate, you will be prepared for anything that life throws at you. Download the pdf, go back through these 10 things, and next to each one write down how you can anticipate and prepare for it so if it does happen to you, you are ready with a plan of action.
Subscribe to Valuetainment
Visit the official Valuetainment Store for gear
Founded in 2012 by Patrick Bet-David, our goal is to impact entrepreneurs around the world through value and entertainment. We are the #1 channel for entrepreneurs because of the best interviews, best how to videos, best case studies and because we defend capitalism and educate entrepreneurs.
To reach the Valuetainment team you can email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Patrick on social media: