After the recent escapade with United Airlines that brought negative media attention to their brand AGAIN, their CEO decided to announce 10 things they plan on changing to win you back.
Here’s their list:
United’s Ten New Commandments
1. Limit use of law enforcement to safety and security issues only.
2. Not require customers seated on the plane to give up their seat involuntarily unless safety or security is at risk.
3. Increase customer compensation incentives for voluntary denied boarding up to $10,000.
4. Establish a customer solutions team to provide agents with creative solutions such as using nearby airports, other airlines or ground transportation to get customers to their final destination.
5. Ensure crews are booked onto a flight at least 60 minutes prior to departure.
6. Provide employees with additional annual training.
7. Create an automated system for soliciting volunteers to change travel plans.
8. Reduce the amount of overbooking.
9. Empower employees to resolve customer service issues in the moment.
10. Eliminate the red tape on permanently lost bags by adopting a “no questions asked” policy on lost luggage.
The question is do you believe them? Will you give them another chance? Post your opinion in the comments below!