The media earns their living following people with Swag. The reason for that is because we (The viewers) are extremely attracted to people with swag. These are some of the names that come up when I think about people with swag.
– Jay Z, James Dean, Marlyn Monroe, Tupac, Michael Jordan, Ryan Gosling, Angelina Jolie, George Clooney, Russell Westbrook, Cristiano Ronaldo, Beyonce, Ayrton Senna, Lady Gaga, Steve Jobs, Mark Cuban and the list goes on.
So how does one go about having swag? Here are 6 points to having swag.
- It’s all about attitude
- Having swag is all about attitude. It’s impossible to have a negative attitude and have swag.
- Add your own signature.
- Don’t be afraid to be you. It’s the only unique signature in the world that you have 100% rights to.
- Have a role model with swag
- If you’re going to be a copy cat, at least copy the right cat.
- Strong body language
- There’s a reason why professional poker players wear sun glasses, and that’s because eyes never lie. You can tell someone’s got swag based on the following body language:
- Eye contact
- Hand shake
- How they walk
- Their body movement
- The way they stand up
- Dress the part.
- If you like something to wear, wear it. If you’re like Steve Jobs and like wearing a white shirt or a black sweater, than wear it. (Use common sense when it comes down to wearing that at a wedding or a black tie event.)
- Don’t be the person that keeps brooks brothers in business. I don’t mean to offend anyone but Brooks Brothers is starting to get boring. (Unless if you’re wearing their Kentucky Derby line. Now that’s somewhat different.)
- Don’t try too hard
- It’s almost like being back in high school. Girls are not attracted to the nice guys who try to hard. It pays to be indifferent.
7. Age has nothing to do with swag
- If this 104 year old man can dress like this and have swag so can you. It takes effort and the desire to have swag. It may initially seem a bit awkward but eventually you’ll be credited with having swag.
This is him dancing at a night club. Old man’s got some moves.
If you want to learn the perfect formula on how to be different, click here to watch a video I did a few months ago on that subject.